Your donation has a concrete effect on what we can provide. Every dollar you give goes directly to supporting the patrons of the Urban Rest Stop.
A gift of:
- $2,500 = 1 year’s worth of clean coveralls for clients to wear while washing their clothes.
- $1,500 = provide a month’s worth of clean towels.
- $1,000 = 1 month’s worth of hot water
- $750 = pay the gas bill for two months.
- $500 = 30 days worth of laundry soap.
- $250 = 2,000 toothbrushes.
- $100 = 32 weeks of toilet paper.
In kind donations:
- Books, magazines and comic books
- Socks and other clean clothing in good condition
- Travel sized hygiene supplies such as toothbrushes, toothpaste, mouth wash, razors, shaving cream,
feminine hygiene products, soaps and lotion. We use these smaller items to make hygiene kits that patrons can take with them
- In the winter months there is a great need for gloves, coats, ponchos and warm hats.
Please call 206-443-9935 ext. 149 with questions on how to donate such items.
You can also:
Donate over the phone
Call our friendly Fund Development Department at 206-957-8069
Donate by mail
Mail a check payable to the Low Income Housing Institute or LIHI to the address below (Be sure to put the “Urban Rest Stop” in the memo line so we direct your donation accordingly):
Low Income Housing Institute
Attn: Fund Development Dept.
2407 1st Avenue
Seattle WA 98121
The Urban Rest Stop is a program of the Low Income Housing Institute, a 501(c)3 organization, all donations are tax deductible.