By providing free access to essential hygiene services, the Urban Rest Stop improves the self-sufficiency of homeless individuals and families. The URS is also happy to partner with, and make referrals to other organizations and working to assist people experiencing homeless and those with low-income. The organizations below provide valuable services for households and individuals in need.
The Urban Rest Stop is a program of the Low Income Housing Institute, a non-profit organization providing homes and services to low-income and homeless households throughout the Puget Sound. www.lihi.org.
If you are looking for shelter, housing or other resources we suggest starting with the Crisis Clinic. The Crisis Clinic offers an array of support services available to everyone in King County, Washington. Visit www.resourcehouse.info/win211 or call the Community Information Line at 2-1-1.
Finding an affordable place to live in Seattle can be a real challenge. Here are some resources to help you get started:
Low Income Housing: There are many organizations in Seattle that maintain properties for people who are low income. Here is a list of low income housing providers in Seattle, as well as some tips for figuring out if you are a good fit for a housing opportunity.
Transitional Housing Options: There are many organizations in Seattle that maintain properties for people who are low income. Here is a list of low income housing providers in Seattle, as well as some tips for figuring out if you are a good fit for a housing opportunity.
Housing Glossary: There are a lot of confusing terms involved in low income housing. Here are some definitions of phrases you might come across if you are looking for a low income apartment.
These are just a few of the resources available. If you are unsure of where to start when looking for assistance we suggest starting with 211 or one of the providers below:
Catholic Community Service Solid Ground
- www.ccsww.org www.solid-ground.org
- Compass Center Union Gospel Mission
- www.compasscenter.org www.ugm.org
- YWCA Lifewire Against Domestic Violence
- www.ywcaworks.org Program www.lifewire.org
- Family Services Hopelink
- www.family-services.org www.hope-link.org
- Multi-Service Center Youth Care
- www.skcmsc.com www.youthcare.org
- Seattle Emergency Housing Corporation for Supportive Housing
- www.emergencyhousing.org www.csh.org
- Friends of Youth King County Coalition on Homelessness
- www.friendsofyouth.org www.homelessinfo.org
- Real Change Street Newspaper Washington Low Income Housing
- www.realchangenews.org Alliance www.wliha.org
- City of Seattle Addressing Navigation Center
- Homelessness www.desc.org
- Washington State Coalition for the Homeless
- State of Washington Homeless Shelter Directory
- King County Department of Community & Human Services Community Services Division